Thursday, July 31, 2008

Holla at cha boy!

Unfortunately my ten-week stint as a fashion intern at BlackBook comes to an end today. I'll possibly post later about it, but right now we have business to get to. PR was on last night and I have to put in my two cents.

As an avid SATC fan, I absolutely loved the night-life, night-on-the-town challenge. If I were a judge, I would have had the contestants to tell me why Carrie Bradshaw would wear this, because to be honest, that's really what this particular challenge asked for even if not clearly spelled out. No one better embodies a girl on the town than Ms. Bradshaw - except maybe those Studio 54 types. That being said, I definitely think Kenley's win is deserved; Carrie would totally have worn that out with her three sidekicks. Plus I love that Kenley her aesthetic draws from the 40's and 50's - my favorite fashion era. Right now, she's my favorite.


Now onto people who the judges didn't scrutinize. I feel like Stella's leather, rocker outfit would be worn by Samantha, if it maybe had more color. For me, Stella's leather look was a little too flat tonight, she needed something to make it pop a little bit more. I really didn't remember this look until I went online to Bravo's website this morning.



I love, love, loved Jerrell's garment last night! The colors worked really well together, but if the dress were recreated, it could be done with any pallette. It could look good in plums, reds, blacks, all of them! The only teeny problem I have with Jerrell's dress is that it's not made so much for a night on the town as a formal affair. But even so, this dress made me really happy.


Now I really can't end this post without mentioning how the designers are rubbing off on Tim. Last season, with Christian saying "fierce" all the time, Tim picked it up. This season Blayne (let's be honest, the producers hit the jackpot with him) taught Tim the phrase "Holla at cha boy." And this is only the third episode, we still have ten more designers to boot before the finale.

No comments: