Thursday, July 24, 2008

First Post Jitters...

I'm a fashion intern in New York City this summer, however it's quickly coming to a close. My ten short weeks at BlackBook Magazine end next Thursday. Spending a summer in the throes of Manhattan have been everything from exciting to frustrating. I live, well only for the next week or so, six blocks from Bryant Park and wish everyday that I could come with hoards of fellow fashionistas to the tent shows. I've spent several Friday's off in Bryant Park with my blanket and chick lit in hand, watching people and daydreaming about those two weeks each year when the world stops for this small grassy knoll. Like others I spend countless hours combing style.com and imagining being in the middle of it all, thinking about which upbeat songs play as ready-to-wear pieces are modeled for two thousand people...

My normal, non-intern life is far less glamorous. When not in the middle of the city I'm in Waco, TX (yeah, the place where that Davidian thing happened back in the early 90's) working towards a major in journalism and a minor in fashion merchandising at Baylor University. Thousands of miles from the heart of the fashion industry, while all the time lusting for it. So while I may not live "la vie en vogue," I'll post about it, and hopefully someday achieve it (even though really, as long as I'm writing or styling, I'll be happy).

Now that you know a little about me, I hope you enjoy reading my occasional postings.

No comments: