Tuesday, July 29, 2008

More on Sephora

I'm going to continue my little love-story with Sephora, because I am temporarily at a loss for what to write about (mainly because the next shows aren't for another few weeks and the next episode of PR is tomorrow...).

Sephora is the perfect place to test drive new products, especially if you like to know the results before you buy them - for instance this past Sunday (another anecdote). My parents were visiting for the weekend and it was rainy. I was walking around with my mom and we happened upon a Sephora (ok, so it may not have been a coincidental happening, but we wandered in just as well). After looking around - this is the same day I found that neat little eyelash curling wonder in the post below - I decided to do my mom up right by putting a little makeup on that clean, but empty facial pallette of hers.

It started innocently enough with mascara to open her eyes up. We found and applied an exclusively-available-at-Sephora prdouct, Imju Fiberwig mascara ($22). I'd never used it before, but it worked nicely on my mom. I may try it in the future, but I have such an addiction to mascara that I have about five tubes to get through before I can even think about buying more.



Next we moved on to eyeshadow. I'm not so good at eyeshadow, so I always choose really neutral colors to just subtly enhance the eyes. Shiseido has the perfect quad combo of colors in one product. The Makeup Silky Eye Shadow Quad ($35) in Desert Winds (pictured is Flora and Fauna) worked famously because it picks up any slight gold accents in the eye and just really makes your face look fresher. This shadow combination really looked great on my mom, I was so happy!


After eyeshadow, it was still raining outside, so we continued on to blush. Next to mascara, blush is my second favorite beauty product because it gives the face a little bit of color. I picked out Lorac Blush ($18) in a combination of Rose and Soul for my mom, because on their own, each color was a little too-too, but together they really worked (pictured is Lorac blush in Pink). If I had to go back and choose again, I wouldn't pick to mix two colors, instead I usually opt for more of a bronzer/blush, but that's just me.



Last but definitely not least we moved on to lipsticks. While I usually just use chap stick because it's quick and simple, I chose some Stila for my mom. The Stila Lipstick ($18) is nice because it has a glossier finish than most other lipsticks so you can just apply it and go (I can't say which color I used on my mom - or which is pictured for that matter - because the colors online all look fairly alike). And this one passes the straw test; after having a diet coke following our little adventure in Sephora, the lipstick had lasting power.


Our time in Sephora inspired a mother-daughter outing when I get home, and I can't wait! I love picking out makeup for other people just as much as I like picking it out for myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I saw your post on I Am Fashion. I recently started a fashion blog also! I'd be willing to link to your blog if you'd do the same for me. Email me @ admin@i-style.us. :)

Thanks,
CeCe

**Register as a new user @ http://www.i-style.us and comment on any blog to be entered for a $75 shopping spree**