Sunday, July 27, 2008

Look no further

Today, I visited the store that is surely heaven on earth. No, really. Sephora, land of quality makeup, strong perfume and stand-out tools. The third of those really has me excited right now. As far as I'm concerned, the search is over. I found the perfect eyelash curler, and it's only $5.

Time for an anecdote: last Christmas I was doing my makeup, same as always. I was curling my lashes with my trusty Clinique curler and all of a sudden, as I was clamped down on my lashes, my wrist jerked and I ended up ripping off the eyelashes on the inner half of my right eyelid (no pictures). Needless to say, since then I've been on the lookout for something a little kinder, and until now, nothing has replaced the metal contraption that caused pain throughout the longest six weeks of my life (it took six weeks, but the lashes did grow back).

The Culprit:




The Hero:


With a sleek black, plastic body (and no handles - it's not scary-looking or intimidating at all!) and a clamp that simply slides to curl your lashes, this is the perfect remedy. It was pretty much love at first sight.


But just when I thought this contraption couldn't get better, it did. When you turn it over, the curler has another little gadget - lash and brow brushes. They just slide out the opposite side of the curler. Someone at Sephora is a genius.


How about a closer look. Beautiful. I've always thought that all anyone ever needs to look good are good lashes, and this curler is practically an all-in-one. The only other thing it needs is the perfect mascara, which I'll find in another blog entry. For now, this is my happily ever after.

1 comment:

Mardia said...

I didn't know you had a blog!!! I like this

and of course, Sephora is like the garden of eden for all things to make us beautiful.