Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My own personal Coaching

When I began my love (and collection) of Coach purses it was all about the conspicuous consumption. I was more focused on letting people know that I had a Coach purse that I failed to realize how gaudy the "C" pattern could be. In fact, and prepare to be appalled, my first Coach purchase was a camel "C" pattern tote with fuschia suede. I know what you're thinking, but I was young, naive and just too excited to get my first designer purse that I didn't think it completely through. I've evolved from that first Coach acquisiton. Next was a more subtle, but still emblazoned with the recognized pattern, and also still had suede, but was more tasteful (although in soft pink it's a bitch to clean). Most recently, however, I found a wonderful leather wallet from Coach (compliments of le beau). Here is a pictorial view of my evolution in Coach.

In the beginning


Then this came along


And my new love

As my taste has gotten better I've become more appreciative of what Coach was first designed as in 1944: a leatherware brand. As far as their new collection of Bonnie bags go, I'm not the biggest fan and will probably hold off until next season to find something to-die-for, but the new Bonnie Leather Convertible, $458, is nice.

No comments: