Friday, April 17, 2009

FGI Dallas - design symposium

Fashion Group International is an incredible organization, and one of the great things they do is offer a career day for students in fashion merchandising and fashion design. It's a day full of keynote speakers and seminars that culminates in a fashion show filled with designs submitted by attending students. Some 700 or more designs were submitted and about, gosh, 300 or more showcased in the afternoon show at the Dallas Market Center. As the good blogger and journalist I am, I showed up with my camera at the ready. Some pictures turned out too blurry to post, others were just sad (the designs, not the actual photograph). Some of the designs seemed to come from Project Runway-esque challenges (a coffee filter dress... been done) and others just seemed to copy what has come down the runway in New York or Paris. Here are some of the best non-winning designs my camera could capture. Disclaimer: these five shots are a combination of my favorites and the most innovative and the best non-motion blur. And yes, the first look was made out of party ribbons - I love it!




Here are the winners, some with their designer, others without. There were probably more winners than this, however due to where I was seated, the pictures may have been blocked by awards presenters and other people on the runway. Enjoy!












No comments: